Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Calendars and Maps

When I look at the calendar, I am overwhelmed at the year that has passed. A good overwhelmed. Maybe just whelmed actually.

Why? Because this time last year I was in the midst of the chaos that is planning a wedding and the anxiety of beginning a whole new life. We already knew a month before that we would be moving to Sikeston as I had signed a teaching contract for the upcoming school year (SUCH a blessing!). At the same time, Josh had no prospects at having a job, much less a job in the ministry. It seemed for a time that we had gone into this whole getting married thing blind...with very little assurance. 

Little did we know that once I met a co-worker, Josh would be offered a job, or that after four months of discouraging church searching, we would find a precious gem - Trinity Baptist - with their sweet people who pour themselves into newcomers like they have been there for years. We also couldn't have imagined my car (purchased outright by my parents) would be totaled the night before our wedding, only to be replaced by insurance money with a much more reliable Honda (Josh's family are big on Honda's, so we joined in the Govier tradition). Finally, I had no idea just how hard this first year of teaching would be and just how much my faith would be sifted.

The Lord proved Himself over and over again when He didn't have to. All this just makes me throw up my hands and cry, "Why would I have EVER doubted You?!" Why would I take my eyes off of my Jesus? And I have learned the lesson {again} that if there is anything to fear, it is to be only HIM.

Gloria Dios.

No comments:

Post a Comment